ESPN and Comcast teamed today to announce the launch of ESPN 3, ACC Network Extra and SEC Network + on Xfinity X1.
- ESPN3, ACC Network Extra and SEC Network + provide viewers with the ability to stream over the Internet, directly on their television, expansive coverage of college football with over 150 live games, and more than 5,000 live events annually.
- Live events will include:
- International soccer
- Grand Slam tennis matches
- College basketball
- Other collegiate athletics
- and more
- All of this content will be searchable using the X1 voice remote simply by saying “ESPN3,” “ACC Network Extra” or “SEC Network +.”
- Specific teams’ scores, schedules and other information can be accessed simply by saying the team into the X1 voice remote as well.
- ESPN3, ACC Network Extra and SEC Network + are available to anyone with eligible X1 set top boxes with Xfinity TV and Internet service today.
What they’re saying:
- Senior Vice President, Affiliate Sales, Disney and ESPN Media Networks Sean Breen on the partnership with Comcast and what it brings to customers: “Simplicity continues to be essential in today’s dynamic media landscape. We’re fortunate to have relationships with Comcast to seamlessly serve customers and sports fans on a platform that delivers the best of both traditional and digital video viewing experiences, and the addition of ESPN3, ACC Network Extra and SEC Network + are perfect examples of that.”
- Vito Forlenza, Executive Director, TV Everywhere Content and Product Strategy at Comcast Cable, on adding these networks to X1’s sports programming: “From football and soccer to volleyball and field hockey, this launch gives college sports fans incredible access to live events from schools including Florida State, Virginia Tech, Pittsburgh in the ACC, Alabama, Georgia and Texas A&M in the SEC, and dozens more from across the entire country on ESPN3. ESPN3, ACC Network Extra and SEC Network + add a new dynamic to the already deep catalog of sports programming that’s currently available on X1. Combined with universal voice control and the X1 sports app, we are providing customers with the richest, most immersive sports viewing experience in the country.”