The Walt Disney Company has announced the election of new director to their Board of Directors. Michael Froman has been selected to join the Board and his position takes effect immediately.
- The Walt Disney Company Board of Directors has announced the election of a new director.
- Ambassador Michael Froman, Vice Chairman and President, Strategic Growth at Mastercard has been selected to join the Board.
- The election of Mr. Froman to the Board is effective immediately.
What they’re saying:
- Robert A. Iger, Chairman and Chief Executive Officer, The Walt Disney Company: “Given his broad experience and extraordinary career spanning both the public and private sectors, Mike brings a unique perspective that will be extremely valuable as we continue to build the future of Disney. In particular, his keen insights into finance, international trade, and government partnerships make him a great fit for our Board during this dynamic era of innovation and global growth.”
- Mr. Froman: “The Walt Disney Company is an iconic brand that has the power to inspire generation after generation. I am honored to join the Board and share my experiences and insights to help this great company explore new opportunities around the world.”
Michael Froman Career Highlights:
- In April 2018, he was named Vice Chairman and President, Strategic Growth at Mastercard. His responsibilities include:
- Building and expanding strategic partnerships
- Advancing the company’s efforts to partner with governments, NGOs and other institutions addressing societal and economic issues.
- Oversees Mastercard’s Center for Inclusive Growth
- This division works to ensure that economic growth opportunities are extended to all segments of society.
- Before joining Mastercard, Mr. Froman served as US Trade Representative from 2013 to 2017 where he helped to negotiate major international trade partnerships and investment opportunities on behalf of the United States.
- He also served as assistant to the President and deputy national security advisor for international economic affairs under President Barack Obama.
- Mr. Froman’s previous private sector experience includes several leadership positions at Citigroup:
- CEO of CitiInsurance
- COO of Citi’s $50 billion alternative investments business.
- Mr. Froman also served in the Clinton administration, holding positions both at the US Department of Treasury and the White House.
- He currently serves as a Distinguished Fellow of the Council on Foreign Relations.