In a feature on ABC Studios unscripted development slate, Deadline is reporting that an eight-episode docuseries is in development that will focus on Disney Animation’s Ink & Paint department. The series is being developed for the Disney streaming service that will be launching in 2019. The series will be based on Mindy Johnson’s book, Ink & Paint: The Women of Walt Disney’s Animation.
Another series is also being developed for the service, but the subject matter is not yet known. The article also says that the service will launch in November 2019.
ABC Studios is also developing Best Bite Ever, a comedic cooking competition that would be hosted by American Housewife’s Katy Mixon
What They Are Saying:
- Alternate Division Head Fernando Hernandez: “When Walt Disney first brought on these women, a lot of them came on as inkers and painters and then moved onto being full animators and to be leads in the industry.”
- The Disney Streaming Service will officially launch in late 2019
- Several original films and series are in development
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars will be revived for the service
- A live-action Star Wars series being led by Jon Favreau will also premiere on the service
- It will also include several films and TV shows from the Disney library.