Twenty First Century Fox and AMC Theatres are partnering on complimentary screenings of The Hate U Give. The studio and theatre chain are hosting free screenings in nine metro areas during the film’s limited release at 11 a.m. local time, Saturday, Oct. 6: Atlanta; Baltimore; Dallas; Houston; Los Angeles; Miami; New York; Philadelphia; and Washington, D.C.
How to Attend a Screening:
- Students and youth-serving organizations are encouraged to reserve tickets here to attend a free screening in one of the nine cities above
- Up to 50 additional screenings will be held across the country
- Schools, community groups and nonprofit organizations should apply by October 22, 2018, for free screenings for their students and members
- 21st Century Fox will match donations made through DonorsChoose, up to $25,000, for those wanting to support screenings for classrooms
- Educators are invited to download a complimentary curriculum guide for middle school, high school and college students
- The Hate U Give lesson plans – including video clips, interviews and photos from the film – are designed to meet Common Core and NCSS standards.
About The Hate U Give:
The Hate U Give is based on the critically acclaimed New York Times bestseller by Angie Thomas and features Amandla Stenberg as Starr Carter, supported by Regina Hall, Russell Hornsby, Issa Rae, KJ Apa, Algee Smith, Sabrina Carpenter, Common and Anthony Mackie Thomas. Starr witnesses the fatal shooting of her childhood best friend Khalil at the hands of a police officer, and now, facing pressure from all sides of the community, she must find her voice and stand up for what’s right. The Hate U Give will be shown in select theatres beginning Oct. 5, and everywhere Oct. 19.