The Walt Disney Company has named Aaron LaBerge as their executive vice president and chief technology officer for their Direct-to-Consumer and International Unit, according to Deadline.
- LaBerge will help shape the technology behind Disney’s direct-to-consumer streaming of sports and other entertainment content around the world.
- LaBerge will report to Kevin Mayer, Disney’s chairman of Direct-to-Consumer and International.
- The new CTO will be in charge of a team of thousands of technologists, engineers, designers and developers.
- That team will handle linear and digital media distribution technology, advertising technology, consumer data platforms, international broadcast operations, and the development, engineering, and deployment of all consumer-facing digital products for the company globally.
- LaBerge has served as the executive vice president and CTO at ESPN since 2015.
- He also served on the Disney Research Advisory Board.
What they’re saying:
- Kevin Mayer, Disney’s chairman of Direct-to-Consumer and International: “As a champion of innovation and growth, Aaron will work across our segment and the larger company to develop an industry-leading technology infrastructure to meet future demands.”