You know them, you love them, now you can train them! Star Wars: The Last Jedi‘s porgs are coming — from the island of Ahch-To to your living room.
- Lucasfilm’s ILMxLAB has launched a bran-new project, fully unveiled today at Magic Leap’s L.E.A.P. Conference: Star Wars: Project Porg.
- This mixed-reality immersive experiment gives fans the a one-of-a-kind opportunity in which they’ll need to gain the trust and affection of the adorable, fuzzy porgs.
- How? Users will feed the small animals treats, play with them, and teach them how to maneuver real-world environments with care instructions coming from C-3PO himself.
- Project Porg will arrive this December as a free digital download for the Magic Leap One.
- Anthony Daniels, who played C-3PO in all his appearances in Star Wars films and animation, returns to voice the iconic droid.
- The porgs on the other hand are playing themselves, though Star Wars animation supervisor Paul Kavanagh advised on bringing them to life for the experience.
- Get ready for porgs, and stay tuned to StarWars.com and ILMxLAB.com for more on Project Porg.
ICYMI–More Star Wars:
- The brand-new animated show Star Wars: Resistance debuted this past Sunday on Disney Channel and Disney XD. The story takes place before the events of The Force Awakens and follows a young pilot and Resistance spy named Kazuda or Kaz for short.
- LEGO fans are in for a treat this fall and winter with the release of two incredible new sets.
- The Betrayal at Cloud City is a massive set that brings together several elements from the third act of The Empires Strikes Back and is available now.
- And arriving just in time for the holidays is the Darth Vader Castle set where the Sith Lord retires when he’s not wreaking havoc on the Rebels. This item is currently available for pre-order.