Disney Channel has reportedly given the green light for a multi-camera part scripted, part improvised new comedy series titled Just Roll With It, according to Variety.
- Just Roll With It will be an innovative hybrid sitcom that will be interactive with the studios audience and challenge the actors to perform outrageous stunts.
- The new series will be produced by Kenwood TV Productions, Inc.
- Adam Small and Trevor Moore will serve as executive producers and co-showrunners.
- No timeline for the new series has been announced as of yet.
- The series follows the blended Bennett-Blatt family. Blair, often a rebel without a cause, is the polar opposite of her strict, regimented, ex-military mom, Rachel. Owen, a born athlete with a taste for scheduling and organization, is always trying to clean up his creative and charismatic father and morning radio show host Byron.
At the sound of a horn, the actors break from the scene and go backstage while the audience decides which of three outrageous stunts will take place next. Once votes are cast electronically, the actors return to the stage to continue the scene, waiting for the next surprise, which could be anything from being asked to eat a disgusting sardine, grasshopper and ice cream burrito to a man falling through the roof of the Bennett-Blatt home.
- Kaylin Hayman as Blair
- Suzi Barrett as Rachel
- Ramon Reed as Owen
- Tobie Windham as Byron
What they’re saying:
- Jonas Agin, vice president of original series for Disney Channel: “The multi-camera sitcom format has worked as a staple of TV for decades. So naturally, we aimed to totally upend it. By introducing an element of audience-interactivity that subverts the expectations of not only the viewers but also the cast, ‘Just Roll With It’ is a true step in the evolution of comedic storytelling.”