Earlier today, Disney CEO Bob Iger joined ESPN President Jimmy Pitaro for an ESPN Employee Town Hall at the company’s headquarters in Bristol, Connecticut. Iger shared his encouraging opinions saying that he believes the ESPN “brand will stand the test of time.”
- Bob Iger met with ESPN President Jimmy Pitaro and ESPN employees today for the company’s Employee Town Hall. ESPN’s FrontRow recapped what happened during the meeting.
- Iger shared his beliefs regarding the company its future.
- Over 500 employees attended the two-hours meeting at ESPN headquarters in Bristol, CT.
- The Town Hall was also streamed internationally to all of ESPN’s outer offices.
- The first portion of the meeting was led by Pitaro’s where emphasis was places on his four business priorities:
- Direct to Consumer
- Audience Expansion
- Quality Storytelling & Programming
- Pitaro also shared this vision for each priority and as well as highlights from his first eight months as ESPN President.
- The second half featured Around the Horn (ATH) host Tony Reali leading several executives through an ATH-inspired discussion focusing on the overall ESPN business.
What they’re saying:
- Disney CEO Bob Iger: “When I look at ESPN, it’s one of the most valuable brands the company has. I happen to believe that this brand will stand the test of time. [To Disney], ESPN is important on many different levels – past, present, future. I happen to believe today the brand is more valuable than ever before and we are a collection of great brands.
- Iger on the early success of ESPN+: “We’re thrilled with what we’ve achieved now, but we are only in the first inning.”
- On the quality of ESPN’s storytelling: “I saw the E:60 piece on Declan Sullivan, the young man who was killed at Notre Dame. I hadn’t seen that piece before and it was an incredible story. I see a lot of those on ESPN. That’s just one example. That piece touched my heart. A story is at its most powerful, I think, when it touches somebody’s heart.”
- ESPN President Jimmy Pitario: “We are on a very, very good path right now. I could not be more pleased with the direction that our business is heading in and we have an amazing opportunity together.”