Earlier this year, the Disney Parks Blog shared a first look at the renderings of the new tower currently under construction at the Coronado Springs Resort. This morning Disney Parks, Experiences and Consumer Products Chairman, Bob Chapek, announced more details including the name of the 15-story tower: Gran Destino Tower.
- Walt Disney World has announced that guests will be able to make reservations for Gran Destino Tower starting on Tuesday, November 27th.
- Bookings can be made through:
- Reservations can be made for stays beginning in July 2019.
- Disney’s Coronado Springs Resort is currently undergoing an expansion that will include a new 15-story as the centerpiece of the resort.
- Earlier this year, Disney shared renderings of the tower as well as concept art video showcasing some of the new features of the expansion.
- This morning Bob Chapek announced the new 15-story building will be named Gran Destino Tower.
- The Disney Parks Blog reports that Gran Destino Tower with its gorgeous two-story lobby, is scheduled to be complete in July 2019 and will serve as the new main entrance to the resort.
- The addition of this Gran Destino Tower will add a total of 545 new guest rooms (including 50 suites) to the resort.
- A themed table-service restaurant is also planned for the top of Gran Destino Tower, which will serve up delicious food and incredible views of the Walt Disney World Resort.
- Reservations will open soon Gran Destino Tower for stays beginning in July 2019.
More about the Coronado Springs reimagining:
- Disney’s Coronado Spring Resort serves as an oasis set on the shore of Lago Dorado. This elegant location celebrates the daring spirit of the great Spanish explorers, artists, writers and architects.
- As they explore the Resort, guests will discover classic Spanish influences, imaginative Disney touches and modern comforts both inside and out.
- During this reimagining, the Resort’s 1,800+ existing rooms have been fully updated with new fixtures, furnishings and lighting.
- A second new restaurant has been planned and is set open on an island in the middle of the resort’s 14-acre lake. New walkways will stretch across the water, allowing for convenient access no matter where guests stay at the resort.
- A fresh color palette will tie the entire resort experience together, blending the new and the newly reimagined.