This weekend, D23 is celebrating Mickey’s 90th birthday by theming their Destination D event to the mouse that started it all. At that event, it was announced today that a new nighttime show titled Wonderful World of Animation would be coming to Disney’s Hollywood Studios next year.
- As the Disney Parks Blog reports, Wonderful World of Animation will debut at Disney’s Hollywood Studios in May 2019 as part of the park’s 30th Anniversary celebration.
- The show will use state-of-the-art projection technology to take guests on a magical journey through more than 90 years of Disney animation, all beginning with Mickey himself.
- Speaking of Mickey, we also learned that Mickey & Minnie’s Runaway Railway is slated for a fall 2019 premiere.
- Billed as the first-ever ride-through attraction themed to Mickey Mouse, the attraction will feature a new original story and lovable theme song as it takes guests on a journey inside the wacky and unpredictable world of Disney Channel’s Emmy Award-winning “Mickey Mouse” cartoon shorts.
- For more Disney Parks announcements from Destination D, check out our tag page.