The Walt Disney Company overcame another hurdle on their run toward completing their acquisition of numerous 21st Century Fox assets as Chinese regulators have approved the proposed transactions.
- As CNBC reports, regulators in the People’s Republic of China have given the greenlight to Disney’s purchase of 21st Century Fox assets.
- Furthermore, unlike regulators in the United States and the European Union that demanded Disney sell off certain investments before the deal could clear, China’s approvals comes without any further conditions.
- While this still doesn’t guarantee that the acquisition will close as expected in early 2019, it does mean that represents another major obstacle been cleared.
- Prior to today’s announcement, there was some speculation that China might hold up the deal in a bid to gain leverage on the U.S. as a trade war between the two nations persists.
- Luckily, that did not turn out to be the case.
- The Disney-Fox deal is expected to close in early 2019, giving Disney ownership of 20th Century Fox studios, television stations such as FX, a stake in National Geographic, and more.