Actor Nick Nolte is reportedly joining the cast of The Mandalorian, a live-action Star Wars series directed by Jon Favreau. The series is currently in production for Disney’s streaming service, Disney+.
- The Hollywood Reporter writes that actor Nick Nolte has signed on to join the cast ofThe Mandalorian.
- Nolte will be joining Game of Thrones alum, Pedro Pascal and Deadpool‘s Gina Carano in this new series.
- Nolte is a veteran actor with four decades in the industry. Some of his best known roles include: 48 Hrs., Down and Out in Beverly Hills, The Thin Red Line, and Gangster Squad.
- The Mandalorian was written by Jon Favreau who will also executive produce along with Lucasfilm President, Kathleen Kennedy, Colin Wilson, and Dave Filoni.
- The series is currently in production and will feature a variety directors including:
- Dave Filoni
- Taika Waititi
- Bryce Dallas Howard
- Rick Famuyiwa
- Deborah Chow
- “After the stories of Jango and Boba Fett, another warrior emerges in the Star Wars universe. The Mandalorian is set after the fall of the Empire and before the emergence of the First Order. We follow the travails of a lone gunfighter in the outer reaches of the galaxy far from the authority of the New Republic.”
In the meantime:
- Earlier this year, Star Wars: Resistance debuted on Disney Channel. The animated series comes from Dave Filoni and his creative team.
- Fans anxious for more Star Wars RIGHT NOW, will want to check out the brand new Star Wars Galaxy of Adventures. While this shorts series is geared toward kids, hardcore fans will love the call back to the iconic stories of the original trilogy.
- Help pass the time with the Star Wars villain event on Disney’s Emoji Blitz, going on now through December 3.
- Check out the latest edition to Hasbro’s Micro Force toy line and the debut of the Galaxy of Adventures figures.