ABC has picked up a the new comedy Bless This Mess to series. The single-camera comedy will star Lake Bell and Dax Shepard.
- ABC president Karey Burke announced that the network has picked up a new single-camera comedy to series.
- BlessThis Mess will star Lake Bell and Dax Shepard as a newlywed couple that plans to ditch their big city lives for something simpler in Nebraska. Of course things don’t go as planned.
- The comedy is a co-production from 20th Century Fox Television and ABC Studios.
- Elizabeth Meriwether (Single Parents, New Girl) and Bell are executive producers and co-creators of the series, which will air next year on The ABC Television Network.
- Jake Kasdan and Melvin Mar (Fresh Off the Boat, Speechless) are non-writing executive producers, as are Shepard and Katherine Pope. Bell also directed the pilot.
What they’re saying:
- ABC president Karey Burke: “Bell and Shepard headline a stellar cast in this hilarious take on a classic fish-out-of-water story that we found irresistible.”
- ABC has reportedly given a pilot production commitment to a reboot of Dick Wolf’s 1994 series New York Undercover.