Walt Disney Studios has released a clip and a featurette from the recently released Mary Poppins Returns, offering a behind-the-scenes look at the film’s biggest musical number.
- The first video shows a clip from the song “Trip A Little Light Fantastic,” which Walt Disney Studios calls the film’s biggest song-and-dance number.
- The second video gives a behind-the-scenes look at how that grand song-and-dance number was created and how much work went into it.
- Disney’s Mary Poppins Returns is in theaters now.
More on Disney’s Mary Poppins Returns:
- Mary Poppins Returns is nominated for 4 Golden Globe Awards including Best Picture, 9 Critics’ Choice Awards and AFI’s Top 10 Films of 2018.
- Rob Marshall directs, the screenplay is by David Magee and the screen story is by Magee & Rob Marshall & John DeLuca based upon the Mary Poppins Stories by PL Travers.
- Marshall, DeLuca and Marc Platt produced with Callum McDougall serving as executive producer.
- The music score is by Marc Shaiman and the film features all new original songs with music by Shaiman and lyrics by Scott Wittman and Shaiman.
- “In Disney’s Mary Poppins Returns, an all new original musical and sequel, Mary Poppins is back to help the next generation of the Banks family find the joy and wonder missing in their lives following a personal loss. Emily Blunt stars as the practically-perfect nanny with unique magical skills who can turn any ordinary task into an unforgettable, fantastic adventure and Lin-Manuel Miranda plays her friend Jack, an optimistic street lamplighter who helps bring light—and life—to the streets of London.”
- Emily Blunt as Mary Poppins
- Lin-Manuel Miranda as Jack
- Ben Whishaw as Michael Banks
- Emily Mortimer as Jane Banks
- Julie Walters as the Banks’ housekeeper Ellen
- Pixie Davies as Anabel Banks
- Nathanael Saleh as John Bank
- Joel Dawson as Georgie Banks
- Colin Firth as Fidelity Fiduciary Bank’s William Weatherall Wilkins
- Meryl Streep as Mary’s eccentric cousin, Topsy
- Angela Lansbury appears as the Balloon Lady, a treasured character from the PL Travers books
- Dick Van Dyke is Mr. Dawes, Jr., the retired chairman of the bank now run by Firth’s character