A 23-year old man was arrested Sunday in The Wizarding World of Harry Potter at Universal Orlando’s Islands of Adventure for attempting to kidnap a 9-year old girl, according to WFTV.
- Officers reportedly said the 23-year old Jason Mikel approached the girl in the locker area of the Harry Potter and the Forbidden Journey attraction.
- The girl says he grabbed her by the shoulders and told her to go outside to her mother.
- The girl broke free from the man and ran to her mother, who told police she only lost sight of her daughter for a brief moment.
- Police say the man ran from the attraction and a witness who saw the encounter informed park employees who then followed him to the Hogwarts Express attraction.
- Mikel was detained by police after he apparently fell at the Hogwarts Express attraction.
- He has been charged with battery, attempted kidnapping and marijuana possession and received a trespass warning for all Universal Studios properties.
- Mikel appeared in court today where a judge gave prosecutors 24 hours to file another report after a defense attorney said there wasn't enough evidence to to charge Mikel with kidnapping.