Disney has announced that Fox alum Joe Earley has joined the company as executive vice president of marketing and operations for Disney+. He will work on the services’ customer acquisition efforts in addition to partnering with all the segments of Disney that will be providing content. He will report to Ricky Strauss, president, content and marketing for Disney+. For more on Disney+ visit our page.
What They Are Saying:
- Ricky Strauss: “Joe’s industry knowledge and understanding of where the global entertainment marketplace is going will be a key component as we launch and expand the Disney+ footprint. The breadth of his experience in both content marketing and production, combined with the quality of his relationships in our industry will be huge assets to Disney+.”
- Joe Earley: ““I’ve always admired Disney, their brand approach, and the strong connection that people around the world have to their stories and characters. From the moment I heard about Disney+ and the unparalleled brands that will be brought together on the service, I felt it was the model for the future of entertainment. I’m looking forward to working with Ricky and everyone on the Disney+ team, as well as with the amazingly talented creative content teams at the Company, to build and grow Disney+, giving consumers direct access to the world’s most beloved entertainment.”
- Most recently President of The Jackal Group, where he oversees all areas of the studio’s television, film, commercial theater and digital divisions.
- Prior to The Jackal Group, Earley was a longtime Fox executive, serving for over two decades, most recently as Chief Operating Officer for Fox Television Group where he had direct oversight of marketing and communications, digital, research, talent relations, scheduling and audience strategy at Fox Broadcasting Company, while partnering with 20th Century Fox Television’s development, production, business affairs, marketing and finance leads on strategic initiatives, and overseeing publicity and talent relations at the studio.
- Before that, Earley was COO of Fox Broadcasting Company
- He previously served as President of Marketing & Communications for the network, having risen through the ranks from his start as Senior Publicist in 1994.
- Before joining FOX, Earley spent several years in Media Relations at HBO.
- He began his entertainment career in production and development with producer Gale Anne Hurd.
- A native of Chicago, Earley holds a Bachelor of Arts in Mass Communications from the University of California, Los Angeles.