For several hours yesterday into today, it seemed as though Disney Chairman and CEO Bob Iger had deleted his Twitter account, @RobertIger. However, at last check, the account had been restored. UPDATE: As of 3:00 p.m. PT on January 11th, it looks as though Iger’s Twitter account is once again missing. We’ll keep you updated.
- Yesterday, visiting Twitter.com/RobertIger results in an error reading “Sorry, that page doesn’t exist!”
- Yet, as of 9 a.m. PT on Friday, the account was seemingly restored.
- This apparent departure and return comes after a series of Twitter-related stories surrounding Iger, including him responding to a fan regarding what was perceived as a slight against Expedition Everest in a Barron’s interview.
- More recently, fans were left puzzled when Iger’s account tweeted about Captain Marvel, saying “I think we should build a Captain Marvel land and 50 Captain Marvel attractions, plus Captain Marvel Cruise Ships, hotels, restaurants and parades.”
- While some assumed the bizarre tweet was Iger making light of the Everest controversy, others thought the CEO’s account had been hacked.
- Currently, that tweet is still present on Iger’s restored account.