Educational computing kit company Kano has announced a licensing agreement to create Disney-branded products later this year, according to TechCrunch.
- The licensing agreement between Kano and Disney is for two years but further details on the deal are sparse.
- The first product to come from this agreement appears to be a Star Wars-themed kit that will release later this year.
- Kano is known for its kid-focused computer kits, like the Pixel Kit, which allows children to “make and code dazzling lights. Build games, animations and art.“
- The company has also created a Harry Potter wand kit, which was announced in the summer.
What they’re saying:
- Kano CEO Alex Klein: “Our goal at Kano is to take you on a journey, unlocking powers in yourself and others, through the medium of technology – from wands that really work, to computers you make yourself, and more. Collaborating with Disney is a blessing. We can combine connected, creative technologies with some of the most memorable stories ever told.”
More on Kano:
- Kano’s Mission statement: “Kano is a computer anyone can make. Our mission is to give young people – and the young at heart – a simple, fun way to make and play with technology, and take control of the world around them.”