A new FX comedy series is coming to the network this spring that focuses on of all things, a group of vampires. What We Do in the Shadows will follow the lives of four creatures of the night and their struggles to get along at their home in Staten Island.
- Earlier today, TV Line shared the new trailer for the FX comedy, What We Do in the Shadows.
- The vampire-centric series will premiere on Wednesday, March 27, at 10/9c.
- This 10 episode series is based on the 2014 film of the same name and provides a mockumentary-style look at the lives of four vampires who live together in Staten Island.
- What We Do in the Shadows was co-created by Jemaine Clement (Flight of the Conchords) and Taika Waititi (Thor: Ragnarok). Both men starred in the film and co-wrote and co-directed as well. The will executive-produce the series.
About the series:
- What We Do in the Shadows is a half-hour comedy series based on the feature film of the same name by co-creators Jemaine Clement and Taika Waititi.
- Set in New York City, the show follows three vampires who have been roommates for hundreds and hundreds of years.
- “After an unexpected visit from their dark lord and leader, Baron Afanas, the vampires are reminded of what they were initially tasked with upon their arrival in Staten Island more than 100 years ago: total and complete domination of the New World. But they’re not exactly sure how to achieve said domination.”
The show stars:
- Kayvan Novak as Nandor the Relentless,
- Matt Berry as mischief-loving Laszlo
- Natasia Demetriou as the seductive Nadja
- Harvey Guillén as wannabe vampire Guillermo
- Mark Proksch as constant lurker Colin Robinson
- Beanie Feldstein as Nadja’s new friend Jenna