Disney+ continues to grow its original content library and is reportedly looking to adapt The Grimm Legacy series from author Polly Shulman for the streaming service.
- According to Deadline Disney+ is looking to adapt young adult series, The Grimm Legacy by Polly Shulman into a feature for the streaming service.
- Screenwriter and director, David Gleeson, is attached to the project and will write the film.
- Jane Goldenring will produce the project with Evan Shapiro, principal of eshapTV.
About The Grimm Legacy:
- First published in 2010, the series consists of three books:
- The Grimm Legacy
- The Wells Bequest
- The Poe Estate
- Set in a New York Circulating Material Repository, the story follows a group of teens who work at an old-style lending library that lends magical items to people from the Grimm collection.
About David Gleeson:
- Gleeson was tapped to co-write the screenplay for the JRR Tolkien biopic Tolkien starring Nicholas Hoult and Lily Collins. The Fox Searchlight film will be directed by Dome Karukoski and produced by Chernin Entertainment
- Gleeson’s most recent film, Don’t Go starring Stephen Dorff and Melissa George, was picked up by IFC Films.
- The Walt Disney Company held their Q1 earnings call on Tuesday, February 5, 2019.
- During the call CEO, Bob Iger briefly talked about Disney+ noting that Disney will talk much more about the streaming service and preview content during an investors event on April 11.