At today’s Freeform Summit, the network announced that they will be expanding into animation with two new projects:
- Based on the popular multimedia brand of the same name, created by three millennial women
- A half-hour, irreverent animated series that will follow three best friends and roommates as they navigate early adulthood in New York City together.
- The three women loudly try to figure out who they are in their careers and in love.
- They make almost every mistake in the book along the way, but they’re doing their best to make sure they have an anything-but-basic life.
- Rachel Koller (Lady Bits with Lauren Giraldo) will write the pilot.
- Executive production team includes:
- Emma Roberts (American Horror Story)
- Samantha Fishbein (co-founder of Betches Media)
- Jordana Abraham (co-founder of Betches Media)
- Aleen Kuperman (co-founder of Betches Media)
- Carli Haney
- Kesila Childers
- Gil Goldschein from Bunim-Murray Productions (Keeping Up With The Kardashians, The Real World)
- A half-hour, comedic animated series based on Aminder Dhaliwal’s graphic novel of the same name.
- The pilot playfully answers the question “what would our world look like if men became extinct?”
- This community of women leans on each other for survival as they search for love and their identity in this ladies-only existence.
- The pilot is executive produced by Felicia Day (The Guild, Geek & Sundry) and written by Aminder Dhaliwal (Pinky Malinky, Close Enough).