Marvel has announced three new specials in their “Marvel Rising” series, featuring some fan-favorite characters like Ghost-Spider, Shuri, Inferno and America Chavez. A special teaser video has also been released by Marvel.
- Cort Lane, Marvel's svp, animation and family entertainment, announced the three new specials at WonderCon.
- The three new specials are:
- Marvel Rising: Battle of the Bands featuring Dove Cameron as Ghost-Spider – “On the day of Gwen’s “Battle of the Bands” competition, mysterious attacks force her and the Secret Warriors to investigate. Can they save the city and get Gwen to the concert on time?”
- Marvel Rising: Operation Shuri featuring Daisy Lightfoot as Shuri – “The lives of the Secret Warriors are turned upside down when faced with their latest mission: hang out with Shuri, the Crown Princess of Wakanda, and show her what it’s like to be an ordinary teenager. But nothing’s ordinary when you’re dealing with one of the smartest and most famous people on the planet.”
- Marvel Rising: Playing with Fire featuring Tyler Posey as Inferno and Cierra Ramirez as America Chavez – “Inferno's powers are stolen by a young and powerful villain and it's up to the Secret Warriors to defeat their new foe and help their friend. But does Inferno even WANT his powers back? Meanwhile, America Chavez learns a lesson about friendship and family from teammate Ms. Marvel.”
- Both Marvel Rising: Battle of the Bands and Marvel Rising: Operation Shuri will be 22-minute specials while Marvel Rising: Playing with Fire will be 44 minutes long.
- All three of these specials will come later this year, but Marvel Rising: Heart of Iron will be here much sooner.
- Marvel Rising: Heart of Iron premieres Wednesday, April 3 at 4 PM PST on the Marvel HQ YouTube page.
- In conjunction with the premiere, select voice talent from the special including Sofia Wylie, Kathreen Khavari, Kamil McFadden, and more, will be live-chatting with fans on Marvel HQ on Wednesday, April 3 at 4 PM PST. The live-chat can be found here.