Avengers: Endgame is possibly the most highly-anticipated film of all-time. So it comes as no surprise that today’s launch of the presale for tickets for the film essentially broke the internet, along with all kinds of presale records, according to Deadline.
- Fandango has reported that Avengers: Endgame has broken the record for first day U.S. sales for the online ticket retailer.
- The upcoming Marvel sequel passed Star Wars: The Force Awakens, which held the record since 2015, and it only took six hours.
- Fandango’s new top five list for first day presales is as follows:
- Avengers: Endgame
- Star Wars: The Force Awakens
- Star Wars: The Last Jedi
- Rogue One: A Star Wars Story
- Avengers: Infinity War
- At Regal Cinemas, Avengers: Endgame has outpaced any Marvel movie and within just eight hours of going on sale, Avengers: Endgame doubled all of the first week sales of Avengers: Infinity War.
- Avengers: Endgame also set the record for sales in the first hour on Atom Tickets, tripling that of Avengers: Infinity War.
- The presale didn’t only break records though, it also broke the sites selling the tickets.
- Many Marvel fans went to social media to voice their frustration in their attempts to purchase their tickets.
@atomtickets Tickets are pending for the second time. First time the order was cancelled because there was an error reserving the tickets. Any idea what's causing this? (It's for a Regal theater) #AvengersEndgametickets pic.twitter.com/MHz7SWUZlg
— K A Y L A (@I_am_theBATGIRL) April 2, 2019
- Avengers: Endgame hits theaters April 26. Did you get your tickets yet?