In just a couple of weeks, one Walt Disney World park will reach a major milestone. On May 1st, Disney’s Hollywood Studios will turn 30 — and today, the Disney Parks Blog announced new details on the ways the park will be celebrating.
- Originally named Disney-MGM Studio, Disney’s Hollywood Studios will celebrate 30 years on May 1st.
- To honor the occasion, the park will host a special cavalcade, offer anniversary food and merch, and debut a new nighttime show.
A Star-Studded Celebration
- First up, Disney’s Hollywood Studios 30th Anniversary Star-Studded Celebration cavalcade will step off at 10 a.m. on May 1st.
- Mickey and friends will star in the procession as it heads down Hollywood Blvd.
- Of course, this anniversary celebration will include limited edition merchandise to mark the occasion.
- Some of the new 30th anniversary items that will be unveiled include:
- a new adult T-shirt
- baseball cap
- Tervis 24-oz tumbler
- Much more.
- Annual passholder exclusive items will also be available.
- Merchandise can be found starting at 8 a.m. (one hour before park open) in Grand Park, while supplies last.
Food and beverage
- Also joining the party will be specialty food and drink items celebration the milestone.
- Some of these tasty treats include:
- Kylo Ren Cupcakes
- Incredibles Macarons
- Tres Leches Verrine
- Much more
- Kylo Ren Cupcake – peanut butter and chocolate cupcake
- Lightsaber Churros – churros dusted in red or blue sugar
- Playful Luxo Ball – mango mousse, banana sponge cake, caramel chocolate, and rice croquant
- Incredibles Macarons – black and red almond macarons with mango passion ganache
- The Sorcerer’s Hat – lemon sponge cake with vanilla swiss buttercream, lemon curd, and white chocolate glaze
- Mickey Mouse’s Celebration Cake – chocolate sponge cake with chocolate cream, vanilla marshmallow, and passion fruit crispy pearls
- Minnie Mouse’s Celebration Cake – yellow cake with strawberry cream, strawberry marshmallow, and strawberry crispy pearls
- Key Lime Pie Verrine – layers of Key lime custard and graham cracker finished with whipped cream
- Lemon Blueberry Cheesecake Verrine – lemon cheesecake topped with blueberries, white chocolate crispy pearls
- Tres Leches Verrine – tres leches cake served with whipped cream, a fresh strawberry, strawberry candy rocks
- Raspberry Mousse Verrine – raspberry mousse topped with fresh raspberries
*All verrines served with a white chocolate 30th anniversary logo*
- Galaxy Margarita – silver tequila, blue curaçao, sweet and sour mix
- Celebration Fizz – vanilla vodka, cranberry juice, prosecco
- Banana Split Cocktail – vanilla vodka, crème de cacao, crème de banana, strawberry monin, pineapple juice
Famous and Favorite Dishes
- Our Famous Cobb Salad – finely-chopped greens topped with turkey, bacon, egg, tomatoes, blue cheese, avocado, chives, and cobb dressing
- Brown Derby Original Grapefruit Cake – available as part of a customizable mini dessert trio
- Aunt Liz’s Golden Fried Chicken – crispy, fried chicken, roasted garlic mashed potatoes, chicken gravy, and vegetables
- Cousin Megan’s Traditional Meatloaf – blend of beef and pork topped with tomato glaze served with roasted garlic mashed potatoes and green beans
- Peanut Butter & Jelly Milk Shake
Wonderful World of Animation
- Last but not least, the previously-announced Wonderful World of Animation projection show will debut on May 1st.
- This new nighttime show will transform the exterior of the Chinese Theatre, celebrating animated classics such as Sleeping Beauty, The Incredibles, Coco and many more.
- The show will debut at 9:05 p.m., and serve as the preshow to the Star Wars: A Galactic Spectacular fireworks.
Disney After Hours
- Also previously announced, on the evening of May 1st, the park will host a special edition of Disney After Hours — allowing fans to enjoy the park from 9:30 PM to 12:30 AM.
- This event will include character meet and greets, an encore of the Wonderful World of Animation, and of course access to some of the park’s most popular attractions with minimal waits.
- Tickets for the event are $125 per person and available here.