The Walt Disney Company has announced that it intends to donate $5 million to help rebuild Paris’ Notre-Dame Cathedral, which was devastated by a fire earlier this week.
- On April 15th, the iconic Notre-Dame Cathedral in Paris caught fire.
- While part of the structure was saved, major damage to the church was sustained.
- Now, with French President Emmanuel Macron vowing to rebuild Notre-Dame within five years, Disney has pledged to donate $5 million towards efforts.
- Disney is among several companies and individuals helping to raise funds for the effort, with donations now reaching hundreds of millions of dollars and Euros.
What they’re saying
- Bob Iger, Chairman and CEO of The Walt Disney Company: “Notre-Dame is a beacon of hope and beauty that has defined the heart of Paris and the soul of France for centuries, inspiring awe and reverence for its art and architecture and for its enduring place in human history. The Walt Disney Company stands with our friends and neighbors in the community, offering our heartfelt support as well as a $5 million donation for the restoration of this irreplaceable masterpiece.”