ABC has reportedly set a 90-minute live production based on the iconic sitcoms All in the Family and The Jeffersons, according to The Hollywood Reporter.
- Jimmy Kimmel and Norman Lear, producer of the two iconic sitcoms, will host the live event.
- The event will be called Live in Front of a Studio Audience: Norman Lear's All in the Family and The Jeffersons and it will feature a star-studded cast including:
- Woody Harrelson as Archie Bunker
- Jamie Foxx as George Jefferson
- Marisa Tomei as Edith Bunker
- Wanda Sykes as Louise Jefferson
- Ellie Kemper as Gloria Stivic
- Will Ferrell as Tom Willis
- Justina Machado as Florence Johnston
- Lear and Kimmel will executive produce the production along with Brent Miller, Gary Sanchez Productions' Will Ferrell and Adam McKay and Justin Theroux.
- The live production will re-create an original episode from both of the Emmy award-winning series.
- 10-time Emmy winner James Burrows is set to direct.
- Live in Front of a Studio Audience: Norman Lear's All in the Family and The Jeffersons will air on May 22 on ABC.
What they’re saying:
- Jimmy Kimmel: “The fact that a group of Oscar winners eagerly agreed to play these iconic characters is a testament to the greatness of these shows and their creator, Norman Lear. To be a part of this is a dream come true for me and for everyone involved,"
- Norman Lear: "They have said over and over again that these two shows were meant for the '70s and would not work today. We disagree with them and are here to prove, with two great casts depicting All in the Family and The Jeffersons, the timelessness of human nature. I cannot wait to see what these glorious performers make in our time of these indelible characters, and I couldn’t be more grateful for Jimmy Kimmel, Sony and ABC for their collective willingness to conceive and pursue this never-been-done-before event."