20th Century Fox TV has reportedly signed television writer Dan Fogelman to a massive new five-year overall deal, according to Deadline.
- There has been no official announcement, but Fogelman’s new deal with 20th Century Fox TV is said to be in the nine-figure range.
- Fogelman is the creator of the hit NBC drama This is Us, and this new deal will allow him to continue to steer the series as it heads into its fourth season.
- Fogelman will also develop new series for the now Disney-owned studio through his Rhode Island Ave. Productions.
- Fogelman is said to be one of 20th Century Fox TV’s biggest names that would come into play this year,
- The writer’s new deal is the latest in a long line of recent signings for Fox since Disney’s acquisition of the studio. 20th Century Fox TV has also given major overall deals to Liz Meriwether, Drew Goddard, Jason Winer, Octavia Spencer, Nora Smith, Jake Kasdan & Melvin Mar, and Marlene I. King.
What they’re saying:
- Dana Walden, chairman of Disney TV Studios and ABC Entertainment: “Dan Fogelman is everything you could want in a creator — inventive, collaborative, wise, funny, unbelievably talented and improbably humble. He has devoted his heart and soul to every perfect episode of This is Us. He deserves every bit of the success he’s enjoying right now and Craig (Hunegs), Jonnie (Davis), Howard (Kurtzman) and I consider ourselves lottery winners to be in business with him.”
- Dan Fogelman: “I continue to be so grateful to my incredible partners at 20th – Peter Rice, Dana Walden, Jonnie Davis, Howard Kurtzman and every single person at the studio whom I’ve been fortunate enough to work with these past four years. It has been the best partnership of my career, I’ve never felt so supported, and I am beyond excited to begin this next chapter at Disney.”