The Avatar sequels continue to build their cast. Versatile actor Jemaine Clement has joined the cast of James Cameron’s long-awaited sequels to the hit film.
- Clement will portray Dr. Garvin, a marine biologist on Pandora, as announced by a tweet (seen above) from the official Avatar twitter account.
- Clement plays Oliver Bird in FX’s X-Men spinoff Legion and voiced Tamatoa in Disney’s animated hit Moana.
- Clement joins Edie Falco, star of series like The Sopranos and Nurse Jackie, and Michelle Yeoh, star of the recent romantic comedy Crazy Rich Asians, who have both also signed on for the Avatar sequels.
- James Cameron shared his excitement regarding Clement joining the cast in a tweet.
More on the Avatar sequels:
- Cameron recently confirmed the long-rumored titles of the next four Avatar films are:
- The Way of Water
- The Seed Bearer
- The Tulkun Rider
- The Quest for Eywa
- The first sequel is planned to hit theaters December 17, 2021, with the next three films following on the same weekend over the next few years:
- Avatar 3 – December 22, 2023
- Avatar 4 – December 19, 2025
- Avatar 5 – December 17, 2027
- Cameron and Fox announced the target releases of the sequels ahead of the opening of Pandora – the World of Avatar in Disney’s Animal Kingdom.