Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge opens in just a couple of days at Disneyland and we got a chance to take a look around the land. Among all of the amazing features of this breathtaking new land are a some wonderfully-themed shops. Take a closer look at some of those amazing shops before you make your trip to Batuu.
- Here guests will discover creatures and critters from across the galaxy.
- While Bina, the stall’s proprietor, is out traversing for more exotic creatures to bring into her stall, her assistants keep this storefront stocked with unique companions for her customers, who may want to take one home, including:
- Kowakian Monkey-Lizard – This cackling, rambunctious creature comes in multiple colors and can sit on the shoulder.
- Porg – This small, flat-muzzled, naturally inquisitive avian creature hails from the cliffs of secluded Ahch-To. Watch as it chirps and flaps its wings.
- Loth-cat – A member of the tooka family and native to Lothal, this feline is a small, temperamental creature. While at times friendly, it is still a capable hunter with sharp teeth.
- Guests can build their own droids at the Droid workshop. For this custom astromech adventure, guests enter a workshop stocked with stacks of parts, chips and manuals to construct their own droid, one of the galaxy’s most indispensable sidekicks.
- Guests can construct either the BB-series or R-series astromech.
- Droid parts come and go on conveyor belts as guests make choices to construct their own units.
- Once built, guests place their droids in an activation station to bring them to life, allowing the droids to be operated via remote control. (Guests will not be able to control them via remote control inside the theme parks)
- Droids can be further customized with personality-affiliation chips, color panels and other accessories.
- Once activated, droids may interact with other astromech droids and with certain other Bluetooth-enabled elements and devices throughout Black Spire Outpost.
- In addition, Droid Depot offers prebuilt droids, housewares and apparel, all inspired by the design, engineering and building of droids:
- Premium Droid Action Figures – Featuring R2-D2, BB-8, DJ R-3X and C-3PO, these hero-scale droids are loaded with interactive functionality. DJ R-3X is both a fully functional remote-control droid and Bluetooth-enabled speaker, with classic DJ sound effects.
- Color Changing Droids Figure Packs and Play Set – Built to classic 3 ¾ scale, these droids are ready for an undercover mission in Black Spire Outpost.
- Droid Light-Up R2-D2 or BB-8 Headbands – No droid part goes unused, as these motion-activated dome headbands inspired by favorite Star Wars characters respond with lights and sound.
- Droid Depot Work Shirts and Apparel – Available for droid fans of all ages.
Dok-Ondar’s Den of Antiquities
To see even more of Dok-Ondar’s Den of Antiquities, check out our video of the shop:
- Guests will shop for mysterious and unique galactic artifacts collected by Dok-Ondar, a legendary antiquities dealer who is as mysterious as many of the objects he collects. The Ithorian’s den is packed with racks and crates of items with their own stories to tell:
- Legacy Lightsabers – This elegant weapon from a more civilized age is most commonly associated with the Jedi and Sith. Dok-Ondar has collected replicas of some of the most famous – or infamous – warriors in the galaxy’s history, including Luke Skywalker, Obi-Wan Kenobi and Darth Maul.
- Lightsaber Accessories – Lightsaber clips, carrier bags and display stands are used to carry or display a lightsaber when not in use.
- Kyber Crystals – At the heart of every lightsaber is a kyber crystal. This crystal is attuned to the Force. Colors include blue, green, purple, red, yellow and white.
- Holocrons – The Jedi and Sith have curated enormous amounts of information about the galaxy and the Force. Holocrons store this valuable data, which when paired with kyber crystals can be unlocked and accessed by the owner of these rare artifacts.