Disney and LinkedIn have teamed up to launch the new #IJustCantWaitToBeContest just ahead of the premiere of Disney’s live-action remake of The Lion King, according to Good Morning America.
- The lucky winner of the #IJustCantWaitToBeContest will get the opportunity to work the red carpet at the premiere.
- The winner will get a behind-the-scenes look at how the campaign for The Lion King is being brought to life at Walt Disney Studios in Los Angeles.
- They will also get the chance to interview the cast of the movie on the red carpet as a reporter for LinkedIn.
- The all-inclusive experience will take place July 8-10.
- Eligible LinkedIn members can apply to the "Dream Disney Experience" until June 12, by creating a video explaining why they should win and how it could benefit their career.
- The video should include the hashtag #IJustCantWaitToBeContest.
- All submissions must be visible to everyone on LinkedIn, must not contain any copyrighted footage or music, should only contain the individual submitting the video and should be under two minutes.
- Judges will pick a winner based on how the contestant showcases the ability to inspire others with their story and how they approach the question creatively.
- You can find more information about the contest here.
- Disney’s The Lion King opens in U.S. theaters on July 19, 2019.
- “Disney’s The Lion King, directed by Jon Favreau (The Jungle Book), journeys to the African savanna where a future king is born. Simba idolizes his father, King Mufasa, and takes to heart his own royal destiny. But not everyone in the kingdom celebrates the new cub’s arrival. Scar, Mufasa’s brother—and former heir to the throne—has plans of his own. The battle for Pride Rock is ravaged with betrayal, tragedy and drama, ultimately resulting in Simba’s exile. With help from a curious pair of newfound friends, Simba will have to figure out how to grow up and take back what is rightfully his.”
The Lion King features the voices of:
- Donald Glover as Simba
- Beyoncé Knowles-Carter as Nala
- James Earl Jones as Mufasa
- Chiwetel Ejiofor as Scar
- Seth Rogen as Pumbaa
- Billy Eichner as Timon