This fall Disney fans discover just what goes through the mind of Disney CEO Bob Iger, when the his new book The Ride of a Lifetime: Lessons Learned from 15 Years as CEO of the Walt Disney Company is released.
(Please note this article contains affiliate links. Your purchase will support LaughingPlace by providing us a small commission, but will not affect your pricing or user experience. Thank you.)
- Deadline is reporting that Bob Iger’s book The Ride of a Lifetime: Lessons Learned from 15 Years as CEO of the Walt Disney Company will be available on September 23.
- The title is written by Iger along with Joel Lovell and will be published by Random House.
- Random House says of the book, Iger will “share the ideas, strategies, and values he has used to reinvent one of the most beloved companies in the world.”
- Regardless of how Disney fans feel about Iger, in the past decade and a half his accomplishments are impressive.
- Since taking the helm, Iger has overseen the successful acquisition of not only Pixar but also Marvel, Lucasfilm, and now 21st Century Fox.
- And that’s not all, Disney is also set to launch their own direct to consumer streaming service, Disney+ on November 12. This new service will offer families and individuals instant access to hundred of titles in Disney’s library making Disney+ an instant rival to Netflix, HBO, and Amazon.
- It’s also worth noting that while Iger has mentioned his retirement several times, a successor has yet to be named.
What he’s saying:
- Disney CEO Bob Iger: “Over nearly fifteen years, I’ve had the privilege of running one of the world’s most well-known and admired companies, interacting with countless creative geniuses, innovators, and enthusiastic, motivated employees – and all during a time of great challenge and opportunity, and I think I’ve learned a lot about what real leadership is. But I couldn’t have articulated all of this until I lived it. You can’t fake it–and that’s one of the key lessons in this book.”