Later this month, the Academy of Motion Pictures Arts and Sciences will be hosting a presentation comparing the special effects used in Star Wars movies. Galactic Innovations: Star Wars and Rogue One will feature several industry experts who worked with the technology as it evolved.
- The Academy of Motion Pictures Arts and Sciences (AMPAS) is hosting a special Star Wars themed presentation on Thursday, June 27, 2019 at 7:30 pm.
- Galactic Innovations: Star Wars and Rogue One will examine the technology used to create special effects in both of these iconic films.
- The event will be hosted at the Samuel Goldwyn Theater in Beverly Hills, CA. Tickets are available now and can be purchased through the AMPAS website.
- Over the last 40 years, technology has advanced by leaps and bounds. But the impetus to create and inspire remains the same.
- This event will contrast the analog technologies developed for the first Star Wars released in 1977 with the all-digital toolsets used to create Rogue One released in 2016.
- Key contributors from both Star Wars and Rogue One will share the journey of creating the impossible with their breakthrough visual effects.
- The list of stellar participants includes:
- John Dykstra
- Dennis Muren
- John Knoll
- Ben Burtt
- Marcia Lucas
- Bill George
- Harrison Ellenshaw
- Bruce Nicholson
- Richard Edlund
- Rachel Rose
- Hosted by Kiri Hart, co-producer of Rogue One, this event promises to be both inspiring and insightful.
Galactic Innovations: Star Wars and Rogue One will take place on Thursday, June 27, 2019 at 7:30 pm.