Universal Studios Hollywood has released a first look at some of the Jurassic World-themed food and beverage coming to Jurassic Café and all-new tropical Isla Nu-bar in addition to the new “Jurassic World – The Ride” attraction opening this summer.
- Borrowing its name from the fictitious Central American island in the Jurassic World movies, the stand-alone, open-air Isla Nu-bar, complete with a thatched roof, serves up tropical-themed Tiki cocktails in three collectible cups: Etched Tiki, Bamboo-styled Tiki and Tiki God.
- Whether blended or made-to-order with fresh juices, every aromatic blended drink is adorned with a pineapple leaf and edible orchid flower.
- Beverages will include Tropical Margarita, Piña Colada and Painkiller, along with island cocktails such as Tiki Tai, Bird of Paradise, Ti Peach, Rum Runner and Mai Tai.
- With Universal Studios Hollywood’s Executive Chef Marie Grimm at the helm, the new Jurassic Café caters to a selection of Costa Rican-themed cuisine.
- Menu items include Sweet Corn Cakes with Slow Roasted Mojo Pork or Spicy Mojo Jackfruit, Citrus Glazed Chicken, Fresh Roasted Red Snapper and Isla Burger.
- Starters include savory Chorizo and Potato Empanadas, Crispy Lettuce Leaf Roll with Shrimp, Tropical Fruit Salad and Pomegranate Guacamole with plantain chips.
- All entrees will be accompanied by fresh green papaya salad and Costa Rica’s national dish, Gallo Pinto – traditional rice and beans.
- In addition to the new food and beverage, The Jurassic Outfitters store will feature a variety of collectable merchandise to commemorate the ride’s opening.
- From limited edition t-shirts and hats to drinkware, pins, amber stones and jewelry, Jurassic Outfitters will offer keepsake merchandise for every member of the family.
- The shop will also carry a variety of custom-made, high-end collectible dinosaur sculptures and maquettes. These incredibly crafted statement pieces replicate the Tyrannosaurus rex, Velociraptor, Dilophosaurus, Styracosaurus, Pachycephalosaurus and Triceratops and range in price up to $1,000.
- In addition to experiencing the new thrill ride, guests will have the opportunity to relive one of the ride’s momentous scenes as they plunge down its treacherous 84-foot waterfall with the introduction of slo-mo video capture offered exclusively at “Jurassic World—The Ride.”
- The moment will be available for purchase and received digitally for riders to share on social media.
- Digital images will also be available for purchase.
“Jurassic World – The Ride” will open this summer at Universal Studios Hollywood.