Update (June 25):
Marvel Studios has released more information on what they’re calling a “Bring Back” event for Avengers: Endgame.
- Fans who buy a movie ticket will receive an exclusive piece of Avengers art (available in select theaters and until supplies run out).
- Fans will also see a video introduction by director Anthony Russo and an unfinished deleted scene from the film, as well as a sneak peek of Marvel’s upcoming film Spider-Man: Far From Home.
- Tickets for the Bring Back event are available now.
Original (June 19):
It’s been almost two months since Marvel’s Avengers: Endgame took the world by storm when it hit theaters back in the end of April. And now, just as the film was starting to sneak out of theaters, Marvel President Kevin Feige has announced that it will be getting a push with some new footage and more.
- According to Screen Rant, Feige confirmed the film will return to theaters on June 28, with more to see than the original three-hour film.
- Here is what Feige told Screen Rant:
- Not an extended cut, but there will be a version going into theaters with a bit of a marketing push with a few new things at the end of the movie. If you stay and watch the movie, after the credits, there’ll be a deleted scene, a little tribute, and a few surprises. Which will be next weekend.
- The marketing push in question is in regards to the upcoming release of Spider-Man: Far From Home, which swings into theaters July 2.
- It seems as though the deleted scene Feige mentioned will essentially become the post-credit scene for the movie, which bucked the Marvel trend by not having one.
- Avengers: Endgame currently sits at $2.743 billion in worldwide earnings, just $45 million behind James Cameron’s Avatar for the title of highest-earning film of all-time.
- This new bonus footage could give the movie the push it needs to reach that top spot.
ICYMI – More Marvel news:
- This summer, Marvel fans will have the chance to purchase the LEGO Captain Marvel and the Asis set at San Diego Comic Con.
- The latest addition to the YouTube comedy series Honest Trailers points out all the tropes of the MCU and of course, pokes fun at Disney along the way.
- Hasbro is releasing a new 6-inch Anti-Venom figure as part of the Marvel Legends Series.