Days after Disney made the rare move of commenting on a circulating rumor, today the Parks Blog announced that Walt Disney World would not be closing the beloved Country Bear Jamboree “any time soon.”
- Regarding the fate of the famous bears, the Park Blog wrote, “[C]ontrary to rumors, Country Bear Jamboree is not going into hibernation any time soon. In fact, we’re looking forward to celebrating its 50th anniversary on Oct. 1, 2021, with Henry, the Five Bear Rugs and the rest of the gang.”
- This announcement comes weeks after fansite Walt Disney World News Today (WDWNT) reported that the Audio-Animatronic performance was set to close in favor of a Toy Story marionette show.
- WDWNT reported that these changes were expected to be made ahead of Walt Disney’s World’s 50th anniversary in 2021.
- As mentioned, earlier this week, the Parks Blog issued a similar announcement regarding Walt Disney’s Enchanted Tiki Room at Magic Kingdom.
- Like with the Country Bears, the Parks Blog stated that the birds of the Tiki Room had no plans to depart — although they did seemingly leave the door open to some future changes, saying “We’re constantly evolving our stories.”
- Meanwhile, we can expect to hear more about what other plans Disney may or may not have for their parks at this year’s D23 Expo.