Colin O’Donoghue has been cast in National Geographic’s forthcoming scripted series, The Right Stuff. O’Donoghue has been brought in as a replacement for Joe Dempsie who is no longer able to be part of the series.
- National Geographic has reportedly recast one of its leads in the upcoming series, The Right Stuff.
- According to Deadline, Colin O’Donoghue will replace Joe Dempsie as Lt. Gordon Cooper.
- O’Donoghue joins that cast in place of Dempsie who had to exit the series due to visa issues.
- Disney fans will recognize O’Donoghue from his portrayal as Captain Hook in ABC’s Once Upon A Time.
- The Right Stuff is scheduled to begin production this year and will air on National Geographic in 2020. The series is based on the non-fiction book by Tom Wolfe and tells the story of the astronauts of NASA’s Project Mercury.
About The Right Stuff:
- “To combat a national sentiment of fear and decline, the U.S. government conceives of NASA’s Project Mercury, igniting a space race with the Soviets and making instant celebrities of a handful of the military’s adrenaline-fueled test pilots. These individuals, who come to be known as the Mercury Seven, are forged into heroes long before they have achieved a single heroic act.”
- The first season starts at the height of the Cold War while additional seasons will follow the forming of the Apollo Space Program.
The Right Stuff stars:
- Patrick J. Adams (Suits) as Major John Glenn
- Jake McDorman (What We Do in the Shadows) as Alan Shepard
- Aaron Staton (Narcos: Mexico) as Wally Schirra
- Michael Trotter (Underground) as Gus Grissom
- Micah Stock (Escape at Dannemora) as Deke Slayton
- James Lafferty (Castle Rock) as Scott Carpenter