FX has picked up another season of their acclaimed drama series, Snowfall. According to Deadline the news was announced at the Television Critics Association press tour.
- FX has ordered a fourth season of drama series Snowfall. The news was announced during the TCA Summer Press Tour.
- The show’s third season is currently airing with a storyline taking place in 1984. The series tells the story of the start of the crack cocaine epidemic in Los Angeles.
- Season 4 is expected to premiere on FX in 2020.
What they’re saying:
- FX president of original programming Nick Grad: “Snowfall has continued its creative leap forward this season with the hard work and contributions of John Singleton and the brilliant performance of Damson Idris. We are grateful to Dave Andron, Thomas Schlamme, Michael London, Trevor Engelson and Walter Mosley for honoring John’s legacy through their commitment to building on the artistic excellence of Snowfall with a fourth season on FX.”
About Snowfall season 3:
- “Crack cocaine is spreading like wildfire through South Central Los Angeles, continuing its path of destruction and changing the culture forever. While local law enforcement fights to stem the tide, Teddy McDonald and the CIA are working hard to make sure the flow of cocaine into LA doesn’t stop. As the stakes and losses continue to mount our players truly begin to understand the destructive force they have set in motion and must reexamine their own motivations and the cost of continuing forward from here.”
- Isaiah John as Leon Simmons
- Amin Joseph as Jerome Saint
- Damson Idris as Franklin Saint
- Carter Hudson as Teddy McDonald
- Michael Hyatt as Cissy Saint
- Sergio Peris-Mencheta as Gustavo “El Oso” Zapata
- Angela Lewis as Aunt Louie
- Emily Rios as Lucia Villanueva
Snowfall is executive produced by:
- John Singleton
- Eric Amadio
- Dave Andron (also serves as showrunner)
- Thomas Schlamme
- Michael London
- Trevor Engelson
- Walter Mosley
- The series is produced by FX Productions.