Anthony and Joe Russo, directors of several Marvel films including Avengers: Endgame, hosted an AMA (Ask Me Anything) on Reddit yesterday. The filmmakers responded to several Marvel questions and gave some very interesting answers.
- Perhaps the most interesting information we got from the two directors involves another Marvel character they would love to direct.
- When which superhero movie not currently in the MCU they would love to direct, Anthony answered “we’ve always loved us some Wolverine.”
- With Wolverine and the rest of the mutants now being a part of the Disney family, this could be possible at some point in the future.
- There were also a few interesting responses to fan theories and things we didn’t get to see in Endgame.
- When asked how Captain America got back to that bench where he handed Sam the shield, the Russos responded “you are correct in that he would have had to have worn the quantum suit, using a pym particle to make the jump. He's not wearing the suit on the bench, because that is not the exact moment to which he returned.”
- Speaking of Cap, the Russos were also asked if he was always able to pick up Mjolnir, even during that memorable scene in Avengers: Age of Ultron. Anthony replied,”he always could. Our interpretation of the famous scene in Ultron was that when he realized he could pick up Mjolnir he quickly chose not to, because he didn't want to embarrass Thor.”
- Personally, I would like to believe Cap wasn’t worthy at that moment because of the fact he refused to tell Tony he knew who murdered his parents but hey, that’s just me.
- Finally, the Russos were also asked about the interaction between Cap and Red Skull that would happen when Cap had to return the Soul Stone to Vormir. Anthony replied, “it was probably more awkward than you imagine it was. Red Skull felt slated because Cap didn't recognize him.”
- Still looking for more answers? You can see the full AMA with the Russo Brothers here.