Guests visiting on Thursday morning may have noticed that one of the Matterhorn Bobsleds tracks was closed. Disneyland was forced to shut down a side of the iconic attraction due to a broken piece of rockwork plaster that fell off the mountain facade prior to opening.
- The Orange County Register has reported that a chunk of rockwork broke off the Matterhorn Bobsleds early Thursday morning before the park was open.
- Due to this incident, Disneyland closed one side of the attraction. The other side remained open.
- A maintenance work crew on the overnight shift discovered the piece of rockwork which, according to reports, was about the size of a bedroom door.
- The rockwork plaster did not fall on the roller coaster track and no one was injured.
What they’re saying:
- Disneyland officials in a statement: “During overnight maintenance, a portion of decorative rockwork was found to be in need of repair, which we are working quickly to make.”