Halloween Horror Nights 29 at Universal Orlando Resort has just about taken shape after yesterday’s announcement of five scarezones that will haunt the streets of Universal Studios Florida. Two of those scarezones will be based on popular horror properties.
- Guests will navigate five scare zones filled with menacing scare-actors that will stalk their every move.
Zombieland: Double Tap
- As guests enter the streets of New York, they’ll be thrown into the world of Zombieland where they must escape bloodthirsty zombies or become a midnight snack. This scarezone is based-on Sony Pictures’ 2009 cult classic hit and its upcoming sequel out on October 18.
Rob Zombie Hellbilly Deluxe
- Inspired by the heavy metal horror music of Rob Zombie, guests will be surrounded by otherworldly beings, brutal maniacs and menacing machines all while they scream along to Zombie’s haunting lyrics on the streets of San Francisco.
- There will also be three scarezones based on original ideas:
- Anarch-cade: On Avenue of the Stars, guests will enter a sinister 80s-inspired arcade where they only get one life. Their fear will level up as they try to flee a band of neon slashers, highlighted in black lights, with chainsaws.
- Vikings Undead: Brutal, horn-helmeted warriors will rise from the grave and seize Central Park. Guests will become victims of these skeletal fighters and draugr, reanimated corpses who have channeled their vindictive rage into an endless onslaught of gore.
- Vanity Ball: On the streets of Hollywood, guests will quickly discover beauty is pain as they watch artists turn willing participants into horrific living works of art.
- In addition to the five screzones, Universal also announced the return of Academy of Villains for Halloween Horror Nights 29.
- In their new show, titled “Altered States,” man’s true nature is dragged out into the dark, gothic streets of anarchy.
- A poster for the new show was also shared:
- Universal also teased “a brand-new show that will debut for the first time ever at Halloween Horror Nights” this year. This new show will provide an additional entertainment option aside from the returning dance crew.
More on Halloween Horror Nights 2019:
- Halloween Horror Nights begins on Friday September 6 at Universal Studios Florida and on Friday, September 13 in Universal Studios Hollywood.
- Tickets and vacation packages for Halloween Horror Nights 2019 at Universal Orlando are available now.
- Jordan Peele’s Us is coming to the even on both coasts.
- A maze based on the classic horror anthology film Creepshow has been announced for Hollywood.
- The Killer Klowns from Outer Space will return to Florida and make their debut at Hollywood with houses at both events.
- Who ya gonna call? The Ghostbusters will be coming to Halloween Horror Nights with houses at both resorts.
- Stranger Things will be returning to both coasts, with houses recreating the second and third seasons of the hit Netflix series.
- The classic Universal monsters will also be terrifying guests at this year’s event on both coasts.
- On the east coast, “Nightingales: Blood Pit”, “Depths of Fear,” “Yeti: Terror of the Yukon” and “Graveyard Games” have been announced for Halloween Horror Nights 29 in Florida, while Hollywood has announced a Holidayz in Hell maze for this year’s event.