Halloween Horror Nights is really starting to take shape as yet another house/maze has been announced for the events on both coasts. Jordan Peele’s hit 2019 horror film Us will be coming to Halloween Horror Nights 2019 at Universal Studios Florida and Universal Studios Hollywood.
- The houses will feature the unnerving labyrinth of underground tunnels that stretch from coast to coast below America, to the disorienting and the ominous uprising of “The Tethered”— doppelgängers of every living man, woman and child in the country.
- Guests will be placed at the heart of this living nightmare where they quickly realize they are their own worst enemy.
- Continuing with the 80s theme of this year’s event, the journey begins circa 1986 as guests follow in the footsteps of the young girl they first meet as Adelaide Wilson as she innocently ventures through a mirror funhouse at the Santa Cruz boardwalk and has a fateful and traumatic encounter with her tethered doppelgänger.
- Guests will then transition to present day, heading into the chaos of “The Tethered” uprising as they emerge from their tunnels to murder their privileged doubles in a nationwide coordinated act of rebellion.
What they’re saying:
- Jordan Peele: "It's very exciting to know that fans of Us will get to experience firsthand the terror of being stalked and tormented by ‘The Tethered.’ It’s been a lifelong ambition of mine to create a monster that would scare people on Halloween, so having ‘The Tethered’ join such esteemed company is a dream come true.”
- John Murdy, Executive Producer, Halloween Horror Nights, Universal Studios Hollywood: “Jordan Peele has put his indelible stamp on a new genre of psychological horror films with the Academy Award-winning movie, Get Out and the critically-acclaimed film, Us. And, it’s an honor to have the opportunity to work with him and his talented team to bring his unique vision for Us to life as a ‘living horror movie’ as part of Halloween Horror Nights.”
- Michael Aiello, Sr. Director of Entertainment Creative for Universal Orlando Resort: “The idea that ‘we are our own worst enemy’ and the visuals around that notion are what made the story of Us so compelling, personal and exciting for our design team to translate. Surrounding our guests in that horrific world of duality Jordan Peele created is a perfect fit for Universal’s Halloween Horror Nights.”
More on Halloween Horror Nights 2019:
- Halloween Horror Nights begins on Friday September 6 at Universal Studios Florida and on Friday, September 13 in Universal Studios Hollywood.
- Tickets and vacation packages for Halloween Horror Nights 2019 at Universal Orlando are available now.
- A maze based on the classic horror anthology film Creepshow has been announced for Hollywood.
- The Killer Klowns from Outer Space will return to Florida and make their debut at Hollywood with houses at both events.
- Who ya gonna call? The Ghostbusters will be coming to Halloween Horror Nights with houses at both resorts.
- Stranger Things will be returning to both coasts, with houses recreating the second and third seasons of the hit Netflix series.
- The classic Universal monsters will also be terrifying guests at this year’s event on both coasts.
- On the east coast, “Nightingales: Blood Pit”, “Depths of Fear” and “Yeti: Terror of the Yukon” have been announced for Halloween Horror Nights 29 in Florida, while Hollywood has announced a Holidayz in Hell maze for this year’s event.