Jon Favreau is “optimistic” his character of Happy in the Marvel Cinematic Universe will continue his love affair with Spider-Man’s Aunt May, he told Variety at D23 Expo 2019.
- Sony, who holds the licensing rights to Spider-Man, announced Wednesday that it would no longer partner with Disney and Marvel Studios on the superhero movies.
- The studio released the highly-successful Spider-Man: Homecoming, and Spider-Man: Far From Home under the partnership.
- The studio also lent the character to Marvel’s Captain America: Civil War, Avengers: Infinity War, and Avengers: Endgame.
- If Disney and Sony cannot reconcile, Spider-Man will no longer be in the Marvel Cinematic Universe (MCU)
- Jon Favreau was honored as a Disney Legend at D23 Expo 2019, with footage of Spider-Man playing in the opening sizzle reel at the Legends panel event.
What He’s Saying:
- Jon Favreau: “You never know what’s going to happen. I’m holding out hope and being optimistic that this isn’t the final chapter of the story between those characters,” Aunt May and Happy were quite a couple. As an actor, I had so much fun working with Marisa [Tomei] and Tom Holland.”
Laughing Place D23 Expo Coverage sponsored by MouseFanTravel.com - Recommended for all your Disney travel planning