Every year, Amusement Today tries to recognize “The Best of The Best” in the themed entertainment industry through international polls and today Disney has announced that they have received two of these prestigious awards.
- Earlier today, Disney announced that both Millennium Falcon: Smuggler’s Run, and Pirates of the Caribbean: Battle for the Sunken Treasure received Golden Ticket awards from Amusement Today.
- Millennium Falcon: Smuggler’s Run at the Disneyland Resort in California was awarded the “Best New Family Attraction of 2019.”
- Opened on May 31st (with its Florida counterpart on August 29th), the attraction has quickly become a guest favorite thanks to its immersive and technologically-advanced experience.
- Whether guests are a pilot, gunner or engineer, the entire flight crew can embark on an action-packed mission flying the fastest hunk of junk in the galaxy
- Over at Shanghai Disneyland’s Treasure Cove, Pirates of the Caribbean: Battle for the Sunken Treasure was the recipient of the Best Dark Ride of 2019 Award.
- Since 2016, the attraction has taken guests on an exciting ride at Shanghai Disney Resort. The immersive attraction, based on the popular Pirates of the Caribbean film franchise, takes guests on an above an undersea adventure where paths are crossed with pirates including Captain Jack Sparrow and mermaids.
- A highly advanced propulsion system and dimensional set pieces combine large-scale media screens, Audio-Animatronics figures and special effects to create an exhilarating experience.
- Pirates of the Caribbean: Battle for the Sunken Treasure has won numerous awards since it opened in 2016, including one from the Visual Effects Society Awards for outstanding visual effects and the Themed Entertainment Association THEA Award for outstanding achievement.