Disneyland Resort is opening a new pedestrian bridge later this week, allowing guests who park in the Pixar Pals garage or the Mickey and Friends garage direct access by foot to all parts of the resort, according to the OC Register
- Disneyland Resort is planning on opening a new pedestrian bridge over Magic Way that will provide guests traveling by foot an easier route to the main entrance of Disneyland and Disney California Adventure from the 10,000 space Mickey and Friends garage and the the new 5,000 space Pixar Pals garage.
- The new pedestrian bridge and the new walkway will connect Downtown Disney to the two garages, hoping to improve pedestrian safety and traffic circulation at Disneyland Drive and Magic Way.
- Best of all, it will give guests an option to walk to and from the parking garages and skip the parking tram entirely on their way and out of the resort.
- New digital signage installed on both sides of the bridge will be used for the traffic beneath, directing drivers to and from Downtown Disney and the Disneyland Hotel.
- With this new addition, it’s worth noting that the current tram unloading area next to the garages is being reconfigured.
- The new Magic Way pedestrian bridge, as well as the connecting walkway will open on Friday, September 13th.