ESPN has announced an agreement with Quibi for daily sports programming to be hosted on the mobile-first platform. Quibi will launch in April 2020 with ESPN as the exclusive U.S. multi-sports provider for the service.
- ESPN and Quibi have reached an agreement for daily sports programming on the mobile-first platform when it launches in April 2020.
- As part of the new deal, ESPN will be the exclusive U.S. multi-sport content provider for Quibi’s curated news and information programming, Daily Essentials.
- The new ESPN show, available only on Quibi, will feature daily episodes and breaking news covering the biggest stories in sports.
What they’re saying:
- Connor Schell, EVP of Content, ESPN: “Wherever fans are having a conversation around sports, ESPN wants to be there. We’re looking forward to taking the best of what we do and delivering it in a way that resonates with Quibi subscribers looking to be informed, entertained and engaged around the sports news of the day.”
- Jeffrey Katzenberg, Founder and Chairman of the Board, Quibi: “We’re excited to partner with ESPN, the premiere brand in sports reporting, to deliver a daily curated sports highlight show that gives the audience on-the-go exactly what they want — all of the biggest moments in the world of sports — and all of it in under 10 minutes.”
- Quibi is a mobile-first media technology platform bringing together the best of Silicon Valley and Hollywood.
- Headquartered in Los Angeles, Quibi is the first entertainment platform built for easy, on-the-go mobile viewing, allowing today’s leading studios and creative talent to tell original stories in an entirely new way.
- For more information visit www.quibi.com.