ABC has announced its picked up a new game show, The Hustler. The series pits five contestants against each other, with one contestant secretly knowing all of the answers. Craig Ferguson will host the new series that’s set to begin production this fall.
- ABC announced today the network has picked up the mind-bending, new game show series, The Hustler.
- Hosted by game show host, actor, writer, comedian and ABC alum Craig Ferguson, The Hustler breaks the game show mold by featuring one player who secretly already knows the answers.
- Don’t be fooled. Just because they have a leg up doesn’t mean they’ll be taking home the prize.
- The Hustler is set to begin production later this fall, with an airdate to be announced at a later date.
About the show:
- Each episode of The Hustler will follow five contestants as they collaborate to answer a series of trivia questions, with the goal of building a collective prize pot that increases with each correct answer. The catch? One of the five contestants, the Hustler, already knows the answers but must keep their identity a secret in order to have a shot at winning the grand prize.
- Throughout each episode, two contestants are anonymously eliminated by the Hustler, leaving three remaining contestants – the Hustler and two others, who must collectively decide who they think the Hustler is.
- If they are right, they share the prize pot. If the two contestants are wrong, the Hustler goes home with the full cash reward.
What they’re saying:
- Rob Mills, senior vice president, Alternative Series, Specials and Late Night, ABC Entertainment: “It’s rare and exciting to have a mystery-based game show that employs viewers and contestants to tap into their sleuth skills. This fun, new format is the perfect addition to our dynamic game show lineup, and Craig’s unmatched wit and humor make him the ideal host. We couldn’t be more excited to welcome him back to ABC.”
- Studio Lambert CEO Stephen Lambert: “Studio Lambert and format creator Richard Bacon are incredibly excited to partner with ABC on The Hustler. With Craig in the driver’s seat, the comedic beats of this game are very much to the fore. We think ABC viewers will laugh a lot but also be shocked and surprised by the twists of this game, which invites contestants and viewers to play detective, solving a whodunit or, in this case, a whoisit.”
- The Hustler is produced by:
- All3Media-backed production company Studio Lambert
- The show is an original format created by British TV and radio host Richard Bacon.
- Executive produced by:
- Richard Bacon
- Stephen Lambert
- Jack Burgess
- Creative direction by:
- Tim Harcourt
- Susan House