A boy was attacked by an anteater while visiting Columbia during a Disney Cruise Line vacation and his family has filed a lawsuit claiming he did not receive proper medical care once back aboard the ship, according to Click Orlando.
- The boy was attacked during a visit to the National Aviary of Colombia in Cartagena while on his October 2018 cruise aboard the Disney Wonder.
- According to the lawsuit, the anteater “was not properly sequestered from visitors.”
- The attack caused severe injuries and the boy received medical attention once back aboard the ship.
- However, the medical treatment was not enough to keep the boy from contracting a severe mycobacterial infection.
- The plaintiffs’ attorney allege the boy wasn’t properly diagnosed or treated aboard the ship.
- The plaintiffs are claiming Disney Cruise Line and Vanter Health Services, which provided the medical personnel about the Disney Wonder for that trip, were negligent ans are seeking damages in excess of $15,000 and a jury trial.