Fans of the 16-bit Disney games Aladdin and The Lion King can relive the retro fun as Digital Eclipse and Nighthawk Interactive bring back the beloved game. This fantastic re-release has been updated with new features and is available today in both digital and physical formats.
(Please note this article contains affiliate links. Your purchase will support LaughingPlace by providing us a small commission, but will not affect your pricing or user experience. Thank you.)
- Two of Disney’s most cherished games from the 90s make their highly anticipated return today in Disney Classic Games: Aladdin and The Lion King.
- The enchanting collection brings back the beloved 16-bit magic of Disney’s Aladdin and The Lion King games, complete with new features, enhancements and a plethora of bonus content for both original fans and new players to explore.
- The games bundle is available for:
- Nintendo Switch
- PlayStation 4 computer entertainment system
- Xbox One
- The collection contains fan-favorite versions of each original title featuring upscaled graphics to support high definition displays and additional upgrades to enhance playability on current consoles.
- A brand-new “final cut” of Aladdin and an original Aladdin “tradeshow demo” that has not been publicly available since 1993 are also included.
- Disney Classic Games: Aladdin and the Lion King has been updated for current consoles and PC by development studio Digital Eclipse and publisher Nighthawk Interactive.
- It is rated E10+ by the ESRB.
Disney Classic Games: Aladdin and The Lion King features include:
- Authentic Game Content with Modern Improvements – Fans old and new can enjoy the original game builds, upscaled graphics, customizable controls, save states, level select special filters for visual enhancement and more.
- Variety of Game Versions – The collection includes multiple playable platform versions of the games including their Sega Genesis, Game Boy and Super Game Boy releases, as well as The Lion King Super Nintendo Entertainment System version.
- A Helping Hand – Players who want to experience the Disney magic in true “Hakuna Matata” fashion can use the Interactive Game Viewer to view playthroughs and jump in when ready, Rewind feature, and cheat codes such as invulnerability and infinite lives to aid gameplay progression.
- Curated, Explorable Museum – A treasure trove of behind-the-scenes development assets including interviews, an art gallery and a music player shares the rich history behind the Aladdin and The Lion King 16-bit games.
Bring home the fun:
- The collection is available digitally for $29.99.
- Physical copies of the console versions are available for $29.99 through major North American retailers including:
- It will be available through European retailers with equivalent pricing starting Friday, November 1.
What they’re saying:
- Stephen Frost, senior producer at Digital Eclipse: “Aladdin and The Lion King are iconic titles that redefined what a licensed game could be, so we took great care to deliver the kind of modern experience we, as fans, would want. We wanted to highlight the rich history of both games and stay true to the originals, while also refreshing the experience for new players and all the fans of the 90s versions.”