Today, Disney’s Hollywood Studios officially opened the new ride Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance to guests… at least for a little while. Shortly after its debut, all of the virtual queue boarding groups for the day were claimed.
- Given the anticipation for Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance at Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge, Disney’s Hollywood Studios decided to employ a virtual queue system for today’s opening.
- Using the Walt Disney World app, guests were able to join a boarding group and return to experience the attraction.
- As of 8:30 a.m. this morning, all of the boarding groups for the opening day of Rise of the Resistance (December 4th, 2019) have been claimed.
- Additionally, Disney does not expect to reopen the virtual queue today.
- Meanwhile, no standby queue will be offered while the virtual queue boarding group system is in place.
- In other words, those guests not currently in a boarding group will likely have to wait for another day to experience the ride for themselves.
- If it’s any consolation, you can still view our view POV video of the ride to hold you over:
- As for the rest of Batuu, the planet’s other attractions remain available.