The Orlando Business Journal has confirmed that construction projects at Walt Disney World have shut down during the park closures to prevent the spread of Coronavirus.
- Construction projects across Walt Disney World are currently on hold while the parks remain closed.
- This includes the highly anticipated TRON Lightcycle Run at Magic Kingdom plus Remy’s Ratatouille Adventure, Guardians of the Galaxy: Cosmic Rewind, and the greater EPCOT makeover.
- Disney has not made any announcements about how this will affect the scheduled opening of these attractions and new guest areas.
- Walt Disney World theme park operations were suspended after Saturday, March 14th, and resort hotels are scheduled to close this Friday, March 20th.
- The news of the pause in Disney’s construction projects arrives following the CDC’s new guidelines that gatherings of ten or more individuals should be canceled.
- Click here for more information on the Walt Disney Company’s impacts due to Coronavirus.
Recent Disney World Construction Updates:
- Construction Update – Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort-Magic Kingdom Walkway
- Construction Update: Roundup Rodeo BBQ in Toy Story Land
- Epcot Future World Construction Photo Update
- Construction Update: TRON Lightcycle/Run Ride Building
- Photo Update – Remy’s Ratatouille Adventure Construction at Epcot
- Milestone in Construction For “Remy’s Ratatouille Adventure” Reached as Gusteau’s Marquee is Lowered Into Place